Featuring Kailh Pro Pink linear switches at 20 gram-force (about 20cN) actuation, the Multisteno offers a light touch desirable for lengthy dictations yet heavy enough to be comfortable for beginner stenographers switching from mechanical keyboards. The switches can be spring-swapped for a lighter (or heavier) touch.
This is our premium steno offering where we’ve added enough keys to fully saturate the Gemini PR protocol. We moved this keyboard to a high quality manufacturing line and had the keycaps shipped to us in protective packaging to prevent most of the potential scratching. The protective case and cables are included so you can take the Multisteno anywhere and plug it into anything (well, anything that has either a USB-A or USB-C port*).
Our keyswitches moving forward will be Kailh Pro Pinks. They are identical to our previous blue (gChoc) switches in everything except color. We still have a few blue-switched boards that we will be selling from a test production run – these are identified as v1.1.21.
*If international shipping prices seem unusually high, send us a message and we’ll see if we can find alternatives.
Note that all pictures are of v1.1.22.
- Initial release
- Added ground plane and grounding pads for additional ESD protection
- Pre-production release, uses Kailh gChoc switches (color-swap of Pro Pink switches)
- USB-C connectivity (center top edge of keyboard)
- 20gf linear switches (Kailh Pro Pink)
- 42 keys with completely segmented number bar, split S-, and quad *
- 1/4-20 camera mount
- 1/8″ thick aluminum backplate w/ rubber feet
- 4×10″ footprint, <1″ height
- Gemini PR protocol, NKRO steno, Qwerty mode, and Symbol layers
- 2 indicator LEDs (red & green)
- Reset button for easy reflashing
- Powered by QMK on GD32F103CBT6 / C8T6
- Lead-free construction
What’s included in the box:
- 1x Nolltronics Multisteno keyboard
- 1x Nolltronics case for 4×10″ keyboards (compatible with Ecosteno and Multisteno), you don’t need to order one separately!
- 1x USB-C to USB-A cable
- 1x USB-C to USB-C cable
Once you plug it in for the first time, Windows will take a few seconds to a minute to automatically install the drivers. During this period, the keyboard may not function correctly.
After this process is complete, it is recommended to unplug and replug the keyboard at least once. Then you should be good to go!
Plover Serial Port Configuration
Gemini PR protocol (9600 baud rate, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, and parity N).
We’ve currently only been able to test on Windows 10 machines, but so far every customer that has tried on Linux and Mac has had it work just fine!
Here’s a quick video going over the general use and setup of a Nolltronics keyboard.
Select Gemini PR instead of TX Bolt in “Stenotype Machine”.
Every Multisteno is made by hand in our workshop,
and as such may contain variation from board
to board such as scratches on the backplate
and other minor cosmetic imperfections.
Firmware available here: https://github.com/nkotech/Multisteno-Firmware