Nolltronics is now selling the EcoSteno! – a durable, affordable, entry-level steno keyboard for use with Plover (an open-source stenography engine).
Update 7/28/21: We’re dealing with a few outside issues that popped up that will be delaying this batch by a week or two, but we should have them ready to list by early August at this point.
Update 7/12/21: The raw materials for the third batch are just now arriving and we should be able to finish putting this batch together by the end of the month.
Update 6/30/2021: We’re finishing up cleaning and boxing the current batch and should have shipping numbers within the next day or two!
Update 6/24/2021: The second batch of EcoStenos have been sold out! Materials for the third batch have already been ordered and the next restock should be in mid to late July.
Update 6/23/2021: The EcoSteno will be restocked at noon eastern time on June 24th! We now also offer shipping to Canada and the UK! In case you miss this restock, we should have another batch ready within 2-3 weeks.
Quick update 6/8/2021: We’ve gotten in most of the materials needed for the second batch and should be announcing the next batch for sale within the next week or two!
Update 4/27/2021: We have vastly underestimated demand and have sold out of our first batch of EcoStenos in an hour! We are now hard at work getting these shipped and ordering materials for a larger second batch.
The EcoSteno is now in production with the following features:
EcoSteno Specs (v1.0.18 as of 6/23/2021)
- USB-C port connectivity
- Kailh gChoc switches – linear 20gf actuation (can be DIY spring-swapped with the right tools)
- 32 keys (Split S-, Quad *, 4-segment number bar, two extra meta buttons)
- Supports NKRO Steno, Serial Steno (TX-Bolt protocol), and Qwerty mode, indicated by 2 LEDs on top of the board
- 4×10″ footprint, <1″ height
- 1/8″ laser-cut aluminum backplate with 1/4-20 camera mount1 and rubber bumpers
- Powered by QMK running on GD32F103CBT6
- Easily accessible reset button for end-user reprogramming over USB
- Lead-free construction
- $85 price point before shipping and taxes – subject to increase. We’ll try our best to keep it under $100!
1: This allows the keyboard to fit onto most tripods that have a platform smaller than 3″. You may run into issues if you’re using a professional video-style tripod that has a much longer platform as there are nuts on the underside of the backplate.
The website should be pretty polished, but feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you spot any issues.
You can sign up for email updates in the box below!